Fire Prevention Systems
Fire Extinguisher Supply & Service
Our qualified Service Engineers carry a huge range of spare parts, renovated extinguishers and new equipment. We can service and replace all types of extinguisher, ensuring you are fully protected at all times.
Annual Service Fee is based on the number of Extinguishers on your premises. Servicing is carried out in accordance with I.S 291:2015. If you would like to know how much your service will cost, our engineers will be happy to take a look at your equipment and give you an estimate before they start work.
Fire extinguishers should be serviced annually in order to comply with Irish Standard 291:2015.
Annual Inspections include:
- Comprehensive visual examination for damage or corrosion to cylinder.
- Weight of cylinder checked.
- Identification of expired units(cylinders over 10 years old to be recycled)
- Pull pins and tags inspected and replaced where necessary.
- Ensure that Fire Point signage and Fire Extinguisher ID signage in place and adequate.
- Inspection results recorded on cylinder log sticker and in Fire Safety log book.
- Declaration of Conformity to current standards issued on completion of inspection.
To comply with Health & Safety regulations (I.S 291:2015), it is a requirement that 20% of all CO2 & Powder Fire Extinguishers are to be tested, discharged & refilled each year. This will ensure that all units have been replaced over a 5 year period. 33% of Water and Foam based extinguishers to be tested, discharged & refilled each year to ensure that all units have been replaced over a 3 year period.
Fire Warden Safety Training
This course is for staff with the designated responsibility of Fire Warden or Fire Marshal. It provides the skills and confidence to allow them to carry out their duties relating to fire safety and emergency procedures.
The number of fire wardens that your organisation requires depends on the building design and use. In addition, you should train extra staff to cover for holidays and illness.
Duration: 3 hrs approx.
The course will give the candidates the competence and confidence in their role and responsibilities in a fire evacuation situation and to deal with a fire effectively.
By the end of the course, the attendee will have knowledge of:
- Fire safety legislation
- What is fire
- What to do on discovering a fire
- What to do on hearing the alarm
- Fire-fighting equipment
- Fire safety signage
- Role of a Fire Warden
- Evacuation procedures
- Personnel safety
- Housekeeping and safe practices
Course Format & Delivery
By way of a practical session, the operation of fire extinguishers appropriate to your workplace and, if practical, a tour of the premises as a group to identify potential risks and how to report.
Training can take place at your workplace or we can arrange to carry out training at an alternative location if preferred.
Certification of attendance issued to all attendees on completion.